Date of Last Revision: January 12th, 2018
Welcome to Reklist. We provide a platform for users to send and store personalized recommendations. Reklist eliminates the endless scrolling when deciding what to watch. With Reklist, you can keep track of movies and shows you want to watch and recommendations from the people that know your taste.
- By using Reklist, you understand and agree that we are providing a platform for you to share, receive and store personal recommendations and communication on Reklist and share your content publicly or to your contacts. This means that other Users may search or see any content you allow to be public.
Information that Reklist Collects
Reklist collects the following types of information from Reklist users.
Information provided by the user to Reklist directly:
- Your name, password and e-mail address you use when you register for Reklist.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, avatar picture, email address). This information allows users to search for you on Reklist and allows Reklist to identify you as a user.
- User Content (e.g., recommendations, comments, likes) that you share on Reklist.
- Communications between you and Reklist, such as email and service communication (e.g., account verification, account changes, support correspondence, changes/updates to features of Reklist, technical and security notices).
Finding Contacts on Reklist:
- You can use the “Contacts” page of Reklist to search and add contacts by email address or by full name if they are a contact of one of your current Reklist contacts. If you enter or search for an email address of a contact who has not yet joined Reklist, Reklist will send them an invitation email to join Reklist and create a user account. If you invite a person to join Reklist and they accept the invitation and sign up, they will be your Reklist contact. If you search for contacts to add by name, only your contacts’ contacts will populate (e.g., you will only be able to search by first and last name to add contacts of which you have a mutual contact).
- You can also search and add contacts by email address or by searching by full name through the “Send a Rek” form in the “To:” form field. If you Send a Rek to an email address of a contact who has not yet joined Reklist, Reklist will send them an invitation email to join Reklist and create a user account. If you invite a person to join Reklist via sending a Rek and they accept the invitation and sign up, they will be your Reklist contact. If you search for contacts by name to Send a Rek, only your contacts’ contacts will populate (e.g., you will only be able to send a rek by first and last name to contacts of which you have a mutual contact).
- Reklist’s connection to Google and use of Google Contacts is only used to support the ability for Reklist users to search their own personal Google Contacts to add as a contact on Reklist. Reklist’s exact use of Google Contacts Integration and connection is detailed below.
Google Contacts Integration
Reklist's connection to Google and use of Google Contacts is only used to support the ability for users to search their own contacts. Users must "opt-in" and authorize to connect to Google if they want the ability to search Google Contacts in Reklist. Reklist does not save any user Google Contacts search results, and results cannot be accessed by any other Reklist user. Reklist does not store any Google Contacts or share any Google information with other users or third parties. Reklist's sole use of Google Contacts is to allow users to search their own personal contacts.
- Reklist does not store your Google Contacts
- Reklist does not share your Google Contacts
- The only use of your Google Contacts is to help the user find the email address of a contact
Reklist connects with Google for the following information modules and does not store any additional information from Google Contacts integration. The sole use of Reklist’s connection with Google Contacts is to provide Reklist users the ability to easily search their Gmail contacts to connect with on Reklist for best use of the platform.
Reklist uses third-party analytics tools to measure Reklist traffic and usage trends, as well as other high level demographic data. These tools (e.g. Google Analytics and Intercom) collect information sent and stored by you as a user on Reklist, including sent reks, comments, likes and other Reklist activity. We collect and use our analytics information with analytics information from other Reklist users so that it is aggregate for the large user base and isn’t used to identify any particular individual Reklist user or users.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use Reklist, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with pages and links on Reklist, and other usage information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to Reklist users to track open rate, link click rate, and other email analytics. This information allows use to hone in and provide Reklist users with the features and content they want to consume and use.
How Reklist Uses Information
- Efficiently accessing your information after you log in
- Remembering Reklist login information so you as the user do not have to enter it each time you want to log in
- Providing relevant and/or personalized content and information to users, including new features, trending recommendations, advertisements and more.
- Testing and improving Reklist to best serve our users
- Developing and testing new Reklist features to potentially roll out to users
- Monitoring analytics for Reklist usage trends, user trends, features, pages, and to identify areas of improvement
- Fixing any technical issues that may arise with Reklist
Reklist Sharing of Information